Monday May 21, Tuesday May 22
no cycling. Following Sunday’s ride I was suffering from some stomach / digestive problems and felt really unwell.
Wednesday May 23rd
PM- Feeling much better and antsy from not cycling for 2 days. In 2 hours 3 minutes we biked 46.37km from home to Isle des soeurs the crossed the ice bridge. Cycled west to St-Catherine fake beach area. Returned via Jean Drapeau route. Beautiful ride and had good energy throughout.
Thursday May 24th
AM- Cycled 30.78km from home to Summerlea park in dorval and return. Legs were a bit tired from the night before but feeling great and enjoyed the ride. Perfect way to wake up!
Friday May 25th
AM- Cycled lachine canal to the end and Rapids loop total 30.08km in 1:11, pace of 25.1 kmph is my 3rd best for the season! Beautiful morning ride!
Saturday May 26th
AM- Cycled lachine canal to the end and Rapids loop total 30.21 nice morning for a ride but much more traffic on the path being a weekend.
Sunday May 27th
No cycling took the day off to visit with family and take care of some gardening and household projects.
Statistics for the week:
137.44 km total, 6 hours 26 minutes of cycling in 4 trips.
1 46km trip with Julie on a weeknight
Total distance for the season 1123.49 km. Distance to goal (5000): 3876.51 km
Goal report for the week:
1. Complete total kilometers of 200+ (way short at 137.44)
2. Complete at least 1 day trip on the weekend 72+km (incomplete. So far this has been a tough one!)
3. Wednesday get back on track for training following heat stroke (completed!)
4. Post 3 blogs other than training summary (incomplete, 2/3)
5. Take out cycling gear and photograph for a blog entry (incomplete will be done Monday)
Goals for next week:
1. Complete total kilometers of 300+ (bike trip starts this week!)
2. Complete at least 1 day trip 100 km (Saturday or Sunday)
3. Post 3 blogs other than training summary
5. Leave Friday for our trip through the Laurentians and Ottawa valley!
Goals for the following week
(since we will be away the entire week on a trip there will be 2 training summaries after the trip)
1. Complete total kilometers of 450+
2. Break 2000km barrier for the season
3. Write while traveling and transcribe upon return
4. Use trip to gather photos and write a mini travel-log
5. use all camping equipment and get a feel for X-Canada trip